I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award for a second time! I’d like to thank OneLife for thinking so highly of my poetry and nominating me for this award! 🙂
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blogging sites.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo on your site or on your post.
- Answer the questions.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
Questions for Me
Q. It’s more of a task than a question. Write a four liner (poem/prose) on ‘Naked Truth’.
- I hope I’m interpreting this correctly.
You had all of me, emotionally and physically
I told you my deepest need, my sacred secrets
I gave you my naked truth, my naked body and soul
But you despised it and faded away from me
Q. What is the most important aspect of being a blogger?
- Difficult to say, but what I find the most important to me is the connections I’m making with people. I’ve made new friends and have been inspired by the writing of others. Blogging is not just for me. It’s for those I share it with.
Q. What tickles your fancy?
- A song with a catchy tune. I listen for music everywhere – on the radio, during the movies, during movie trailers, while shopping, at the bar – and I’m constantly downloading new songs. Music makes me happy.
Q. How many hours do you spend with yourself in a day?
- Probably most of the hours that I’m not at work. In fact today, I’m not doing anything but being with myself and The Golden Girls. I’m an introvert and I like my alone time.
Q. What would you prefer, beach vacation or a trip to the mountains?
- Never been a beach person. While I might not enjoy the hike, I would enjoy the quiet and peace of the mountains.
Q. What is your biggest fear?
- Dying alone.
Q. Who is your favorite celebrity?
- Difficult question. I like most British celebrities. At the moment, I might say Benedict Cumberbatch. It’s obvious that he has a passion for his craft and has worked to hone it. This is unlike a lot of people who are musicians or sports players who decide they should be in a movie.
Q. What is your biggest screw up in the kitchen?
- Accidentally put a Hot Pocket in the microwave for 20 minutes instead of 2 minutes. It was about 4 minutes when I realized it was completely charred.
Q. What movie can you watch over and over without ever getting tired of?
- This isn’t my favorite movie, but I could watch Carol all the time. It’s a beautiful, simplistic love story. I wish it happened that way.
Q. What’s the most interesting thing you’ve read or seen this week?
- I saw the movie Bad Times at the El Royale. Still trying to figure that movie out, by thought the combination of the neo-noir genre with political undertones of the 60s was pretty interesting. Great cast, too.
Q. What scientific discovery would change the course of humanity overnight if it was discovered?
- Warp Drive!! I’m a huge Star Trek fan so that discovery would change my life.
- Mike’s Manic Word Depot (Mike Ennenbach)
- Spiral Artist
- Caribou Crossings (Tara Caribou)
- deyspublishing (Dorothy)
- cornerofrain (Harris Halting)
- Singledust (Gina)
- Steve Still Standing
Questions for the Nominees
- Why did you start to blog?
- What motivates you to write?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- Talk about a song that moves you and why.
- Which of your fellow bloggers would you like to meet and why?
- What’s your favorite activity on a lazy day?
- How do you relax, appease your anxiety?
- Star Trek or Star Wars?
- Tell me what you’re feeling right now and write a haiku about it.
- Share with me your favorite piece of poetry.
- What is your favorite quote and why?