A huge thank you to DM (@dkmr20), author of Pointless Overthinking, for the nomination! It is certainly an honor.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you in your blog post and a link back to the blog.
2. Answering 11 questions that the Blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new bloggers to receive the awards and write them 11 questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine blogger award logo in your post on your blog.
- What phrase would you use to describe your future?
A Hopeful Outlook. I was just recently discharged from a behavioral health facility after six weeks of intensive outpatient therapy. I’ve done therapy for depression and anxiety of and on for about 12 years. While I will continue individual therapy on an as-needed basis, this was the first time I had completed therapy feeling like I had accomplished something and that I had made actual progress in my thoughts and coping skills. For the first time, I am really understanding myself and those around me and look at the future positively. I am hopeful that good things will come.
2. Which movie had the biggest impact on you?
Interstellar, directed by the incomparable Christopher Nolan. I love all of his movies, in general, because they delve past the action and into the human psyche. I am a bit of a sc-fi nerd – love Star Trek. Interstellar combined sci-fi and human psyche to teach lessons about human relationships, thinking, and actions. It teaches us that no matter what the world is like, love transcends everything. I was very emotional at the end. Plus, it brought us another great soundtrack from Hans Zimmer.
3. From all the things you do on a daily basis, which ones do you love the most and why?
Listening to music. I’m listening to it as I type. It’s great as background noise while working or driving. It helps me focus. It helps me wake up. It helps me sleep. Or, sometimes, it’s useful to fit individual moods. There is music for every feeling, with or without words. It is a secondary form of expression.
4. What are you addicted of?
I’d have to go with music again. My mom says I would move in the womb when music was played, which was probably prophetic of my love for it. Music is a constant and I love all varieties. If someone told me I couldn’t have it, I do not know how I would function on a daily basis. My playlist is a surprise; I have everything from Enya to Eminem.
5. What would you change about yourself?
I went through a weight loss effort where I managed to shed 93 of 130 pounds that I had gained after college. Then, the scale started going in the wrong direction. I’d like to reach my weight loss goal.
6. What do you do to relax?
You guessed it! I listen to music! I also will read a book or watch a movie. Typically, my movie selection for relaxing will be something DC/Marvel/Star Trek/sci-fi related, but I love movies in general.
7. If you have unlimited money, what would you buy and why?
A small, but tasteful home in a semi-secluded area, with a vintage/antique decor. In it, I would also buy devices that could hold my large collection of music because I am constantly running out of space/memory. Then, I would buy every song I’ve ever heard and loved and/or that has touched my soul.
8. If you could make a movie about anything, what would that movie be about and why?
I enjoy movies that get into the mind. Likely, I’d like to do something semi-autobiographical about how debilitating mental illness can be and what the internal and external contributing factors can be. I would also get into how recovery is possible. Might be a tear-jerker.
9. What’s your biggest fear?
10. What’s your biggest wish?
That I continue on the journey to self-acceptance and recognition of my own self-worth. This would help me understand that failure IS an option; mistakes are inevitable. But, we learn from our failures and mistakes and become better people for them.
11. What word would you use to describe yourself?
Sunshine. In part, it is because a lot of people call me that, both strangers and friends, because they say that’s what they feel and see in my aura. I also love the color yellow, which is pure sunshine in of itself. My nickname is Summer, so maybe I was fated to be sunshine in people’s eyes. I also just feel better, physically and mentally, when the sun is out. I feel excited about the day.
- Dread Poets Sobriety
- The Bipolar Writer
- Utsav Raj
- Frank Solanki
- Hemendra Dibaakor
- Shiny Objects
- At the Intersection
- What is your favorite song and why?
- What made you start blogging?
- What emotions fuel your writing?
- What was an instance in which writing was therapeutic for you?
- If you had one wish, what would it be?
- What is your favorite movie and why?
- Star Trek or Star Wars and why?
- What are your hobbies/interests?
- What makes you tic, lights a fire under you?
- What is one thing you could not live without?
- Who makes up your support system?